Here is a great snack or appetizer idea to make this week: prosciutto wrapped sweet stuffed peppers. These are a twist on a typical jalapeño popper and only take about 20 minutes to make. I partnered with @pureflavor to use their Aurora bites mini sweet peppers which make the perfect appetizer pepper because they bring a level of sweetness to pair nicely with lots of ingredients.
Here’s how to make it:
Prosciutto Wrapped Sweet Stuffed Peppers
- 12 Pure Flavor® Aurora bites mini sweet peppers
- 8 pieces of prosciutto
- Shredded parm for topping
- Parsley for topping
- 3 lbs fresh ricotta
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 egg, beaten
- salt/pepper/red pepper flakes to taste
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400. Coat a pan with cooking spray.
- Slice Pure Flavor® Aurora Bites mini sweet peppers in half lengthwise, leaving the stems on. Leaving the stems on keeps them flat on the pan and helps them hold together when you add the filling later. Remove all the seeds from the inside and add to a plate.
- Make your filling: combine ricotta, mozzarella, egg, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to a bowl. Mix until combined.
- Using a spoon, add filling to the inside of a pepper. Then take a piece of prosciutto (usually about half a slice or so) and wrap around each pepper so that it is fully covered. Repeat with remaining peppers and place evenly apart on the baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper and bake for about 15-18 min or until prosciutto starts to brown.
- Remove and transfer to a plate. Top with fresh grated parmesan and chopped parsley. Enjoy!