This is a fun appetizer or dessert idea for you: Lemon thyme and goat cheese puff pastry with a blueberry compote. These are super easy and I love the mix of creamy goat cheese with the blueberry compote. No worries if you can’t get fresh blueberries, frozen works fine!
Lemon thyme and goat cheese puff pastry with a blueberry compote
- 1 Puff pastry sheet
- 1/2 cup Flour
- Cooking spray
- 6 oz Vermont Creamery blueberry lemon thyme goat cheese
The blueberry compote
- 1 cup Blueberries, frozen or fresh
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Hot honey
- 1/8 cup Water
- 4 sprigs Thyme
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- Preheat oven according to puff pastry box and let your puff pastry thaw.
- Make your blueberry compote but adding fresh or frozen blueberries to a pan with lemon juice, water, sugar, hot honey and thyme. Cook on low heat until blueberries start to breakdown, about 12 min. Let cool.
- Add flour to a clean surface and let puff pastry soften. Spread out and cut into squares, sizing based on the size of your pastry tin. Spray tin and add in pastry squares. Add a little scoop of goat cheese to each one and bake.
- Bake according to puff pastry box, about 10 min. Remove and add blueberry compote to each. Enjoy!