A Mediterranean one to bring you into the weekend: this is a lemon garlic chickpea toast with a harissa yogurt. There is a little bit of heat from the harissa but it has some citrus and creamy yogurt to balance it all out.
Here’s how to make it:
Lemon garlic chickpea toast with a harissa yogurt
- 3 tbsp yogurt or labne
- 1 tsp harissa (more if you want more spice)
- Bread of choice
- 1/2 head of garlic (or at least 3 cloves)
- A few spoonfuls of chickpeas
- 1 lemon
- Dill for topping
- Salt/pepper/red pepper flakes
- Good olive oil
- Chop the very top of the cloves and remove all the excess skin on the outside of the garlic. Drizzle in olive oil and red pepper flakes and wrap in some tin foil. Bake on 400 for about 35-40 min or until garlic is soft.
- Combine labne and harissa in a bowl. Add red pepper flakes/salt/pepper.
- In another bowl combine chickpeas, a few tbsp of lemon juice, a few sprigs of dill, drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Coat bread in olive oil and cook on the stove on medium heat for about 2-3 min per side or until nicely browned.
- Assemble: Squeeze garlic on bread and then spread harissa/labne mixture over top. Top with chickpeas and a few more sprigs of dill. Enjoy!