I recently tried to make a Kani salad at home and was not disappointed. It didn’t take too long to make and it was a great meal prep idea! It would also be a great side or thing to keep in the fridge for snacking.
Here’s how to make it:
- 3 Kirby cucumbers (Persian or another small cucumber would also work)
- 6 Imitation crab sticks
- 2 tbsp Japanese mayo (I don't love mayo so I was a little light on it, you might want to add more)
- The juice from 1/2 a lemon (add more to taste)
- Squeeze of wasabi or kikkomanusa wasabi sauce (amount is entirely to your spice level)
- Pokekake (or you could use furikake) it’s essentially just chopped seaweed, sesame seeds and salt
- Peel and thinly slice your cucumbers. Then cut them into matchsticks and add to a bowl.
- Using a fork, or your hands, break apart the crab sticks so they become stringy. Add to the same bowl.
- Add the wasabi, mayo, lemon juice and pokekake and mix together. Give it a taste and adjust accordingly. Depending on spice levels and mayo preferences, you might want to adjust. Thats it! Enjoy!