Here is an easy and delicious snack or lunch idea for the week: jammy tomato toast with herby mushrooms and creamy burrata. This one kinda came together with some leftover things I had in the fridge and combines so many of my faves.
Here’s how to make it:
Jammy tomato toast with herby mushrooms and burrata
- Bread of choice (this is a sourdough)
- Olive oil for toasting
- A handful of cherry tomatoes
- 5 garlic cloves
- A few sprigs of rosemary
- Salt / pepper / red pepper flakes
- Balsamic glaze
- Shiitake mushrooms
- A few sprigs of thyme
- 1 tbsp butter
- A few tsp of red wine
- Salt/pepper/red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400. In a baking dish, combine tomatoes, rosemary, garlic, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Drizzle with olive oil until everything is lightly coated. Bake for about 20 min or until tomatoes get jammy.
- Slice mushrooms. Heat butter in a small pan and and then add mushrooms, sprigs of thyme, wine, salt and pepper. Cook until mushrooms absorb wine and get soft.
- Coat bread in olive oil and cook on medium heat for 2-3 min per side.
- Spread burrata on bread and then add tomatoes and mushrooms. Top with a drizzle of balsamic glaze. Enjoy!