Welcome to part 5 of make it mini which is a series that reimagines trending recipes using @lecreuset mini cocottes. Next up is a take on the hasselback waffle potatoes. This is the ultimate personal breakfast potato and it’s topped with a parmesan sunny side egg 👌🏼👌🏼
Hasselback waffle potatoes with Le Creuset
- 1 Hasselback potato
- 1/2 stick Butter
- 3 tbsp Parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Red pepper flakes
- 1 Egg
The garlic confit
- 1 head Garlic
- 1 cup EVOO
- 2 sprigs Rosemary
- Sea salt/pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 250 and make the garlic confit by peeling garlic cloves and adding to your mini cocotte. Add enough olive oil to cover the cloves and season with red pepper flakes. Bake for 2 hours.
- Peel potato and cut a piece that is about the size of your cocotte. Arrange your potato between to chopsticks and make slices down the potato. Turn the potato 90 degrees and repeat (see video for details on this part). You should have a checkered pattern.
- Make your garlic butter by combining melted butter, as much of the garlic confit as you want, parmesan, chopped parsley, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Add a little sauce to the bottom of your cocotte and place potato inside. Add sauce to potato, making sure to get it inside the slices*
- Add lid and bake for 20 min. Remove and add more sauce to potato. Return to over this time with the lid removed and bake for another 20 min. Remove and add sauce one more time and bake for about 5-10 min depending on how crispy you want the potato.
- Meanwhile add oil/butter to a pan and cook your egg. Add a little grated parmesan while it’s cooking. Cook to your likeness and then remove.
- Season potato with salt and then top with egg. Enjoy!
*One technique that helps with this is putting toothpicks in between the slices to ensure maximal sauce / crispiness. You don’t need to do this, but it definitely helps for crisp.