Garlic confit is one of my favorite things to make around the holidays… this time I added to avocado toast with lemon zest and pomegranate. Such a delicious flavor combo!
Here’s how to make it:
Garlic confit avocado toast with lemon zest and pomegranate
- 1 head of garlic, peeled
- Enough olive oil to cover the garlic
- Salt/pepper/red pepper flakes
- 1/2 an avocado
- Zest of about half a lemon
- Preheat oven to 250 and peel garlic. Add to cocotte or baking dish and submerge in olive oil. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Bake for about 1.5-2 hours. Remove and use the amount you want for your toast and store the rest in a jar or container in the fridge.
- When garlic is done, add some of the garlic olive oil to a pan. Add slice of bread and cook for 2-3 min per side.
- Add garlic on top of bread, along with a bit of the oil. Slice avocado and add to bread along with the pomegranate and lemon zest. Enjoy!