These are breakfast tostadas with a fried egg, black beans, avocados and a green sauce that’s inspired by aji verde. It’s tangy, creamy with a bit of spice and is so good on tostadas like these. I blended the black beans with onions and topped the whole thing off with lots of sauce and cilantro. Follow along for more fun ones coming the rest of the week!
A note: this is inspired by, but is not authentic Aji verde. I couldn’t get my hands on aji amarillo paste, and there are lots of way to make the authentic aji verde. However, this sauce is inspired by similar ingredients and is super flavorful and delish.
Breakfast tostada with aji verde
- 2 Jalapeños, including seeds and ribs, roughly chopped
- 1 cup Cilantro leaves, with stems removed
- 3 tbsp Grated parmesan cheese
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1/3 cup Mayo or sub greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp Lime juice
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 1/2 cup White onion
- 1 tbsp White wine vinegar
- 4 Corn tortillas
- Fry oil of choice
- 3/4 cup Black beans
- 1/3 cup Onion
- 2 avocados, 1/2 per tostada
- Cilantro for topping
- Sea salt
- In a food processor, combine all sauce ingredients. Blend until thoroughly combined and sauce is smooth and flavorful. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile heat fry oil in a deep pan. While oil is heating, blend black beans onion, salt and pepper. It should be very smooth.
- When oil is hot, add corn tortillas and cook for about 3-4 min per side or until nicely browned. Remove and set on a towel to remove excess oil.
- Add oil to a pan and slice scallions. When pan is hot, add scallions and then crack an egg over top. As the egg starts to cook, use a spatula to move the scallions into the egg so that they cook together. Season with salt and pepper. Cook do desired liking.
- Now it is time to assemble: Add black bean mixture overtop tostada. Top with sliced avocado. Then add fried egg over top. Drizzle sauce overtop and season with cilantro.