Here is a great summer grill recipe for you: black olive pesto and sweet pepper flatbreads with feta and artichokes. My family has been making this black olive pesto for years and it is so good on crackers, pasta and flatbreads. I partnered with @pureflavor to use their Aurora Bites Mini Sweet Peppers to give this some sweetness. They perfectly compliment the saltiness in the black olive pesto.
Here’s how to make it:
Black olive pesto and sweet pepper flatbreads
- 1 can black olives, pitted
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- flaky sea salt
- 6 Aurora Bites Mini Sweet Peppers
- 1 can artichokes
- 4 oz feta
- Make the pesto. In a food processor, pulse garlic and pine nuts. Add in olives, parmesan and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust accordingly
- Slice Aurora Bites Mini Sweet Peppers, and halve the artichokes
- Coat flatbreads in olive oil so they don't burn on the grill. Add pesto to flatbreads and top with crumbled feta, sliced peppers and artichokes. Grill on medium to high heat for about 5 min, monitoring so the bottom of the flatbreads don’t burn. Remove and enjoy!