Bacon, tomato crunch wrap with scallion eggs and creme fraiche. Nothing better than the combo of tomatoes and bacon and this is no exception. Perfect for in season heirloom tomatoes!
Bacon, tomato crunch wrap with scallion eggs and creme fraiche
- 1 tortilla
- 1 tostada
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbso creme fraiche or sour cream
- 1 slice heirloom tomato
- 1 tbsp butter
- red pepper flakes
- In a large skillet cook bacon until desired crispiness. Set aside and break into small pieces. You dont want the bacon too large or it will tear the tortilla. Render fat and wipe out pan.
- In same pan, add butter. Whisk 2 eggs in a bowl and then when pan is hot, add eggs and scallions. Cook until desired, I like to keep heat high and then turn pan off after about 30 seconds and let the eggs finish cooking for a soft scramble. Season with salt and pepper
- Add eggs to the center of your large tortilla and then top with the bacon. Add tostada to the middle and then top with a sliced heirloom tomato and creme fraiche or sour cream. Make sure your tomato isn’t bigger than the tostada or the wrap will not close.
- Fold edges of large tortilla toward the center, created little pleats. Add butter to a pan and then add your crunch wrap pleat side down to it gets a nice sear and helps close it. Cook for about 2-3 min per side or until golden brown. Slice in half and enjoy!