The ultimate way to level up your avocado toast: fried egg yolk and scallion cream cheese. The fried egg yolks are SO GOOD. Happy Sunday!
Avocado toast with a fried egg yolk and scallion cream cheese
- Bread of choice
- Half an avocado
- A few tbsp of cream cheese
- 2 scallions
- Squeeze of lemon
- Sea salt and pepper
- Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg per toast
- Fry oil
- Add breadcrumbs to a shallow bowl. Carefully, separate egg yolk from the whites. Using your spoon create a well in the breadcrumbs and add your yolks to the well.
- Cover with breadcrumbs and freeze for 2 hours (you can freeze for longer if you want but at least 2 hours).
- Add fry oil to a pan and fry yolks for about 1-2 min. Careful not to overcook.
- Coat bread in olive oil and cook for 2-3 min per side. Meanwhile combine scallions and cream cheese in a small bowl and add to bread.
- Top with sliced avocado, a squeeze of lemon and egg yolk. Enjoy!