The ultimate weekend breakfast: arrabbiata baked eggs with parmesan crisps and roasted garlic toast. This is delicious on it’s own or you could add in some chickpeas which I have also done before. Either way, you gotta give it a try.
Arrabbiata baked eggs with parmesan crisps and roasted garlic toast
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Arrabiata (homemade or store-bought)
- Salt/pepper/red pepper flakes
- 1 cup Parmesan
- 1 head Garlic
- Bread of choice
- Preheat oven to 400. Slice the top off the head of garlic. In either a cocotte or tin foil, add garlic, red pepper flakes, olive oil, salt and pepper. Wrap/cover and bake for about 25 min. If you are using a cocotte, make sure the garlic is covered in oil so it doesnt burn.
- Add arrabiata to a cocotte and crack an egg on top. Add to oven when garlic has about 10 min left.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Grate cheese and form into thick heaps. When cocottes are done, bake parmesan for about 5 min or until golden brown. Remove and break overtop the eggs.
- While parmesan crisps are baking, coat bread in olive oil and cook for about 2-3 min per side. Spread roasted garlic on the toast. Serve with sauce and eggs. Enjoy!