Okay I reallllly loved making this one: this is a whipped goat cheese toast with sautéed leeks and drizzled with a honey butter. This has a delicious mix of sweet and savory and was truly a treat.
Here’s how to make it:
Whipped goat cheese toast with leeks and honey butter
- Favorite bread (this is a sourdough)
- 1 leek (about half a leek per toast)
- 3 tbsp white wine
- 3 tbsp butter (1 tbsp for cooking leeks and 2tbsp for your hot honey butter)
- Flaky sea salt/ pepper
- 1 tsp Hot Honey
Whipped goat cheese:
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 2 tbsp half and half
- 2 tbsp greek yogurt
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Squeeze of lemon (about 1 tsp) One note: originally I added a small bit of garlic which was good, but I don’t think it needed it
- Make your whipped goat cheese. Combine goat cheese, half and half, greek yogurt, olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper to a magic bullet or food processor. Blend to combine. Taste and adjust accordingly(if you want more lemon or need to add a little more salt etc).
- Slice thoroughly clean leeks (they tend to be pretty dirty). Heat 2 tbsp of butter in a small pan. On medium heat, add your sliced leeks for about 1-2 min. Add in white wine and cook down. Once leeks start to get tender and brown, remove from heat.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter and pour into a bowl. Add about 1tsp of hot honey and whisk to combine.
- Coat bread in olive oil and cook about 2-3 min per side in a saute pan. Spread goat cheese on bread and then top with leeks.Drizzle honey honey butter over the top and season with flaky sea salt and pepper. Enjoy!