This is a tuna melt for pickle lovers: it has a pickle slaw, tomatoes and avocado It is also a good option if you arent a big mayo fan!
Here’s how to make it:
Tuna Melt with a pickle slaw, tomato and avocado
- Bread of choice
- 1 can of tuna
- 1/2 avocado
- About 1 cup of sharp cheddar,grated
- A few slices of tomato
- 1 shallot thinly slice (youcould also do a pickled shallot)
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 4 pickle chips
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Flaky sea salt
- Red pepper flakes
- Make your slaw: roughly chop pickle chips and add to a bowl. Add in sour cream, red pepper flakes, salt and 1 can of tuna.Adjust according to ratio preferences.
- Coat bread in olive oil and do a quick saute in a pan, 2-3 min per side. The melt does go in the broiler but I still like to get a little extra crisp on my bread.
- Add tuna mixture to bread, and then slice your avocado, shallot, tomato and add on top. Add on cheddar and then top with other piece of bread. Broil until cheese melts and bread gets even crispier. Enjoy!