I am super excited to announce that I am partnering with Le Creuset on an exciting new series called “make it mini”. The series reimagines trending recipes using Le Creusets Mini Cocottes. First up is a twist on the iconic pizza toast.
Here’s how to make it:
A twist on the viral Pizza Toast with Le Creuset
- 2 slices of sourdough bread* *You could also make your bread using the Le Creuset new bread oven (that is next on my list)
- 2 Le Creuset Mini Cocottes
- 1.5 cups tomato sauce (homemade or store bought)
- 1 ball of fresh burrata cheese
- 2 tbsp truffle oil
- Flaky sea salt
- 1 garlic bulb
- good olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 heirloom tomato
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 375. Peel and discard the papery outer layers of the whole garlic bulb. Chop the top 1/2 inch off the top of the bulb. Drizzle olive oil inside 1 mini cocotte and make sure it is coated on the bottom. Add garlic to the cocotte and drizzle with more olive oil, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Put the top on and bake for about 35-40 min.Remove and let cool.
- In 2 mini cocottes (I used the same one from the roasted garlic) evenly distribute tomato sauce. Slice Burrata in half and carefully put each half on top. Season with salt and pepper and put top on.Bake for 8 min. Remove and take the top off and let cool.
- Slice bread and add 1 tbsp butter to each slice of bread. Drizzle both with truffle oil and add to a skillet. Cook about 2 min per side then add grated cheese to each slice. Cover and cook for another 2-3 min or until the cheese is melted.Add roasted garlic to the slices of truffle parm toast.
- Slice tomato and squeeze lemon and season with salt and pepper. Add slices to your toast. Add your tomato sauce to the top of the tomatoes. Carefully top the toast with the melty burrata. Season with oregano, red pepper flakes, more shredded parm. Slice and enjoy!