This one has a little of everything: Pesto parmesan chips with prosciutto and chili ricotta. I love the combo of pesto and prosciutto, so I decided to add a little to parmesan chips as a great toast topper. Super salty and creamy with the spicy ricotta.
Here’s how to make it:
Pesto parmesan chips with prosciutto and chili ricotta
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 3 tbsp pesto, store bought or homemade
- Diced Calabrian chilies
- A few tbsp fresh ricotta
- Squeeze of lemon
- A few pieces of prosciutto
- Sea salt and pepper
Pesto from scratch:
- 3/4 cup basil leaves
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- sea salt and pepper
- preheat oven to 400.
- Line parchment paper on a baking sheet and add a heaping tablespoon of parmesan. Add a little scoop of chili and then top with a little more parmesan. Repeat for as many as you want.
- Cook for about 3-5 min or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile if you are making the pesto, combine ingredients and blend in a food processor. Season to taste.
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta, chili and lemon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Coat bread in olive oil and cook for 2-3 min per side. Add ricotta spread, prosciutto and top with a pesto parm chip. Enjoy!