When it’s peak tomato season you have to make these crostinis: this is pan con tomate with a little saffron, halloumi and corn
Here’s how to make this version of pan con tomate:
Pan con tomate with a saffron, halloumi and corn
- French loaf of bread
- Olive oil
- A full bulb of garlic
- Halloumi cheese
- Fresh corn
- A pinch of saffron
- Sea salt and pepper
- Heirloom ripe tomatoes (1-2 depending on size)
- Preheat oven to 400. Add garlic to a mini cocotte or tin foil and coat in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.Cover and bake for about 30-35 min. You can check to see if it’s done by poking a knife into one of the cloves.
- Cut baguette into slices. Coat in olive oil, salt and pepper. Transfer to a baking sheet. In the last 6 min of the garlic cooking, add crostinis to oven and bake. Flip after 3 min, to give them 3 min per side.
- Meanwhile in a medium sized bowl, grate tomato.Add a few tbsp of EVOO. Then add saffron, salt and pepper.
- Slice halloumi and roast about 4 min per side on medium heat or until they get golden brown on both sides.
- Boil corn and cook for about 2 min. Remove and cut off the cob.
- Assemble: Add garlic to each crostini. Top with tomato mixture, a slice of halloumi and some corn. Enjoy!