Perfect weekend breakfast: kimchi farro stir fry with a chili oil fried egg. This kinda all came together with some leftovers in the fridge, and I’ve been tinkering with it ever since. It’s pretty healthy but has so much flavor (especially if you’re a big kimchi fan), and only takes a few minutes to throw together.
Here’s how to make it:
Kimchi farro stir fry with a chili oil fried egg
- 1 cucumber peeled and sliced into thick sticks
- 1 cup cooked farro
- 1/2 cups kimchi depending on how much you want (ILOVE kimchi so went all in)
- 2 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- Splash of sesame oil
- Scallions for topping
- 2 eggs
- Sesame seeds for topping
- Sichuan chili oil for on top
- Squeeze juice out of the kimchi and set aside.
- Add olive oil to a wok or skillet and add garlic. After a minute, add kimchi, farro, cucumbers. Stir to combine and let sit on the bottom of the pan. Add in soy sauce, kimchi juice, and sesame oil.
- Crack one egg into the pan and toss together to combine. Let sit untouched for about 2-3 min to let the veggies and grains get a little crispy on the outside. Top with an over easy egg, sesame seeds, chili oil and scallions. Enjoy!