We’ve all heard of the “Tunacado” from Joe & Juice but have you heard of a TROUTcado?! This version uses @fishwife Rainbow Trout Jerky Gems + all those delicious toppings from the OG. You gotta try it, this sandwich is truly addicting.
- 1 tin of Fishwife Rainbow Trout Jerky Gems
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp mayo
- 2 tbsp red onion
- Juice from half a small lemon
- 1 tbsp capers
- Cherry tomatoes
- ½ an avocado
For the pesto:
- 3/4 cup basil leaves (arugula or spinach)
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup parm cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts or pistachios
- In a food processor, pulse trout so that it is a bit fluffier in texture. Add to a bowl. Combine with mayo, red onion, capers, dijon mustard and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Mix until combined and resembles a whipped and blended consistency.
- Blend pesto ingredients and season to taste.
- Toast flatbread and add pesto, sliced avocado and tomatoes. Top with a scoop of trout mixture, followed by the top of the flatbread. Slice in half and enjoy!