Citrusy swordfish in parchment with tomatillos and green onions. This recipe comes together in 30 min and is absolutely delicious.
Here’s how to make it:
Citrusy swordfish in parchment with tomatillos and green onions
- 1 lb of fresh swordfish
- 2-3 scallions, leeks or green onions
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper
- 2 lemons
- 4-6 tomatillos, husked
- 1 tbsp salt (to soften tomatillos)
- 1 tbsp sugar (to soften tomatillos)
- A handful of cilantro
- 2-3 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Husk tomatillos and slice into quarters. Add to a bowl along with the salt and sugar. Massage until tomatillos soften. Let sit for about 20 – 30 min.
- Wash fish and pat dry. Drizzle both sides with olive oil, salt and pepper. Optional: Slice fish into 2 pieces to cook a little quicker / more evenly.
- Slice lemon and layer on parchment paper. Slice green onions and layer on top of the lemon. Place fish on top. Add tomatillos to the top of your fish, along with more green onions. Slice butter into 1/2 tbsp and dot around the fish.
- Fold parchment paper over the fish and make small and continuous folds, sealing the package like an envelope from end to end. Cook on a baking sheet for about 20-22 min, depending on how thick your fish is.
- Remove and top with cilantro and a drizzle of lemon. Enjoy!