I will truly never get sick of these homemade hash browns, especially with fresh pesto on toast. Truly one of the best combos. I’ve been traveling on a girls trip all weekend and this is exactly what my Sunday needs. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend <3
Here’s how to make it:
Pesto egg and hashbrown toast
- 3/4 cup basil leaves
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup parm cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Bread of choice (this is a francese pan loaf)
- 1 egg
- Extra parm for topping
- Olive oil/butter for egg/toasting bread
- Homemade hashbrown
- Make your pesto: In a food processor, combine mint, basil, olive oil, garlic, pine nuts, parm cheese, salt and pepper. Blend until combined. Taste and adjust accordingly.
- Coat bread in olive oil and cook in a pan for about 2-3 min per side. Spread pesto on toast and then top with a has brown.
- Fry your egg and place on top of the hash brown. Add more parm if you’d like. Enjoy!