Here is a fun breakfast idea for you: kimchi, mushroom and cucumber pancakes. I originally got the batter idea for this from @pierceabernathy mushroom and chive pancakes and then I experimented with different fillings. I used Sinto Gourmet Korean garlic sesame hot sauce which was a great topping. If you are not a hot sauce fan, I also enjoyed dipping in a little ginger/soy sauce combo.
Here’s how to make them:
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp kimchi juice
- 1 tbsp instant yeast
- 4 scallions
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup water
- Handful of mixed mushrooms
- 1 Persian cucumber
- 3/4 cup chopped kimchi
- oil for frying
- sesame seeds
- Combine soy sauce, egg and kimchi juice in a bowl and whisk.
- In another bowl, add in the water, flour, yeast and mix all together. Add in soy sauce mixture and combine.
- Slice your cucumber, chop your kimchi, mushrooms and scallions. Leave a handful of scallions aside for topping. Add cucumbers, kimchi and remaining scallions to your batter and mix.
- Heat oil to your pan and wait until pan is very hot. Then add in mushrooms. Cook mushrooms for about 2 min and then using a spatula, move all the mushrooms into the center of the pan. Add enough batter to cover the mushrooms. Cook until brown on both sides, about 1-2 min.
- Top with chives, scallions and sesame seeds.Serve with either @sintogourmet garlic sesame hot sauce or a sauce of your choice. Enjoy!