A dreamy combo: crispy sourdough toast with arugula pesto, prosciutto and topped with a fried egg. 🤩 I’ve been saying I would post some pesto recipes soon and this is one of them! Contrary to what you might think, you can make pesto with greens other than basil. I used @earthboundfarm organic arugula which is always my go to because their greens are so fresh and they come in a resealable pack which makes it great for meals all week (and reduces 27% of plastic).
Here’s how to make it:
Arugula pesto, prosciutto toast with a fried egg
- 2 cups of @Earthboundfarm Organic Baby Arugula
- 1/2 cup parmesan (and a little more for topping at the end)
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- salt/pepper/red pepper flakes to taste
- 2 slices of prosciutto
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil for toasting
- 1 slice sourdough bread
- Make your pesto: in a food processor or magic bullet, blend the arugula, parm, pine nuts, olive oil and garlic. Once blended, give it a taste test and adjust accordingly. I think some people prefer more/less garlic, saltiness etc so give it a taste test before you pour into another container.
- Coat bread in olive oil and crisp in a saute pan for 2-3 min per side on medium heat. Once browned, remove from heat. In same pan, heat butter. Cook egg to your liking. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread pesto on toast and then add your pieces of prosciutto. Top with fried egg, red pepper flakes and some parm. Enjoy!