Bringing you a little bit of everything on this Saturday toast: this is a sourdough with a hot harissa yogurt and roasted garlic and herbs. It has so much flavor and would be great as a toast or turned into a dip with crostinis. Happy weekend!
Here’s how to make it:
Sourdough with a hot harissa yogurt and roasted garlic and herbs
- About 1 cup yogurt
- 1 tbsp hot harissa
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Squeeze of lemon
- Bread of choice (this is a Francese pan loaf)
- 1 bulb of roasted garlic(drizzle in olive and either wrap in tin foil or put inside a cocotte. Bake on400 for about 30 min)
- Squeeze of half a lemon
- Handful of parsley, washed
- Handful of mint, washed
- About 1 tbsp preserved lemon, roughly chopped (or more fresh lemon juice)
- 1 finely chopped habenaro chili
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive and a little more if it looks a little dry
- Flaky sea salt and pepper
- In a food processor combine, garlic, lemon juice, preserved lemon, parsley, mint, habenaro chili, olive oil, salt and pepper. Blend until combined. Taste test and adjust accordingly
- Coat bread in olive oil and cook in a pan for2-3 min per side.
- Make your harissa yogurt by combining yogurt, harissa, lemon juice and olive oil in a bowl. Mix to combine. Top on your bread. Then top with roasted garlic and herbs. Then add any remaining roasted garlic on top and some @osmosaltblack salt. Enjoy!