A Niçoise salad is one of my favorite things to make for lunch in the spring because it has tons of protein and lots of fresh, healthy ingredients. Typically a Niçoise is made with tuna and a hard boiled egg, but I decided to do a smoked salmon, and a poached egg to give it a little twist.
Here’s how to make it:
Smoked Salmon Niçoise Salad
- 10 oz Haricots Verts or regular green beans
- 1 lb baby potatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- Herbs for roasting (you could use parsley or dill)
- Poached egg
- Smoked salmon
- 1 small red onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 small shallot, minced
- Flaky salt and pepper
- Steam green beans for about 5 min.
- Meanwhile cook baby potatoes (about 8 min in boiling water). Drain and slice in half.
- Add green beans, smoked salmon, and potatoes to a large bowl. Thinly slice the red onion and radishes and add to the bowl.
- Make your dressing: In a small bowl, add lemon juice, dijon mustard, shallot, olive oil, salt and pepper. Whisk until combined.
- Poach your egg: crack your egg into a shallow bowl. This will help to ensure a safe toss into the water. Once your water is boiling, use a spoon and stir until you create a little swirl/tornado in the water. Carefully drop egg in and stir continuously making sure to keep it in the swirl. After 30 secs use a slotted spoon to remove egg.
- Pour dressing over salad and then top each plate with a poached egg. Enjoy!