This is a perfect breakfast reset idea for you: sliced pepper egg cups with pesto and a little goat cheese. I’ve made something similar with tomato slices, but these were another great option.
Here’s how to make them:
Sliced pepper cups with pesto and goat cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices bell pepper (the biggest pieces work best)
- 2 tsp pesto split between the two cups
- 2 tsp goat cheese split between the 2 cups (or another cheese you like!)
- 1 tbsp butter
- Salt/pepper/red pepper flakes
- Parm (optional)
- Add butter to a hot pan and let melt. Meanwhile slice pepper and get your best slices ready. Add to the pan.
- Crack an egg in each one of the pepper cups.Don’t worry some egg spills out, just use a spatula to keep the egg near the pepper. When it cooks it will stay together.
- Add your pesto and goat cheese to the top of the egg. Season with salt and pepper (and red pepper flakes depending on taste).Cover with a lid and cook for about 1-2 min on medium/ low heat.
- Remove lid and flip. Cook for about another minute and add to a plate. Season with parm, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Enjoy!