If you’ve somehow gone your whole life without trying chickpeas on toast this is your sign to give it a try! This toast has a bit of a Mediterranean vibe with some labne, a hot pepper spread, dill and lemony chickpeas. A very good little snack.
Here’s how to make it:
Mediterranean Chickpea Toast
- Sourdough piece of toast
- Olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- A few springs of dill
- 3 spoonfuls of Labne or greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup chickpeas
- Red pepper flakes/salt/pepper
- Hot chili pepper spread – amount depending on your spice level. (you can find in the olive oil section of most grocery stores) Alt: sriracha could probably be a good substitute
- In a small bowl, combine chickpeas, lemon juice, olive oil, red chili flakes, dill, salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil to a hot pan and toast your bread about 2-3 min per side or until golden brown.
- Add hot chili spread, then Labne/yogurt to your bread. Drizzle with olive oil. Then top with your chickpeas and add some more sprigs of dill. Enjoy!