This is the perfect Saturday morning breakfast for a cold winter morning: Herby sausage patties. They are perfect with a side of soft scrambled eggs.
Here’s how to make them:
Herby Sausage Patties
- 1 tbsp fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 1 1/2 lb pork
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Drizzle of maple syrup (moreif you’d like)
- 1 tbsp olive oil/butter
- In a bowl combine sage, thyme, red pepper flakes, fennel seeds. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl combine maple syrup and pork.Add herb mixture to bowl and combine. Make sure to not over mix.
- Scoop out a heaping spoonful of the mixture and shape with your hand. Flatter to be about 3/4 inch thick (see video for thickness). You should have about 14 patties or so.
- Add butter/olive oil to a skillet. Cook patties about 3 min per side or until nicely browned on both sides.