This one combines a few different flavors, but I swear the combo is delish: Crispy halloumi toast with avocado mash and sautéed spinach.
Here’s how to make it:
Halloumi toast with avocado mash and sautéed spinach
- Slice of sourdough bread
- Olive oil or another oil for toasting
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 garlic clove, sliced thin
- 1/2 avocado
- Salt/pepper/red pepper flakes
- 4 slices halloumi
- Drizzle of hot honey
- Coat bread evenly with olive oil and toast about2-3 min per side on medium heat in a saute pan.
- In the same pan, add olive oil and garlic to a pan. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until wilty.
- Remove from pan and add halloumi. Fun fact: you actually don't need any oil to cook halloumi. Just cook until it's nicely browned on each side.
- Cut avocado in half and add one half to a bowl. Season with salt/pepper/red pepper flakes. Mash together.
- Add avocado to your bread. Then top with spinach, halloumi and drizzle of hot honey. Enjoy!