I feel like we need to pay more attention to edamame… This is a blended edamame puree toast with fresh cherry tomatoes and lots of lemon juice. The puree has some greek yogurt, jalapeños and olive oil. Its great on salads, sandwiches or as a tip for a snack.
Here’s how to make it:
Edamame puree toast with cherry tomatoes and lemon juice
The edamame puree:
- 3/4 cup cooked adaame
- 1 garlic clove
- Juice from 1 lime or lemon + more for topping
- Handful of cilantro, and a bit more for topping
- 1/3 cup olive oil (add more slowly if it looks dry)
- 1 heaping tsp greek yogurt
- a few sliced jalapeños
- Flaky seat salt/pepper
- Favorite bread
- Olive oil
- Cherry tomatoes
- In a food processor, combine the edamame, garlic, lime juice, jalapeño, greek yogurt, cilantro, olive oil, salt and pepper. Blend together and adjust to taste. You might need to add more olive oil or greek yogurt if you want it creamier.
- Meanwhile, coat bread in olive oil and cook in a skillet for 2-3 min per side.
- Spread edamame puree on bread and top with slice cherry tomatoes, a squeeze of lemon juice, salt and pepper. Top everything with more cilantro. Enjoy!