The best avocado toast for a weekend breakfast: Dill cream cheese and slice avocado toast with a poached egg, pickled shallots and everything bagel seasoning. Truly one of my favorite combos. Full recipe below <3
Dill cream cheese and slice avocado toast with a poached egg
- Lemon juice
- Cream cheese
- Pickled shallots
- Everything bagel seasoning
- 1 egg
- Piece of your favorite toast (this is a 7 grain sourdough)
- Olive oil for toasting
- 1/2 an avocado
- Combine about 1 tbsp lemon juice with some cream cheese and dill.
- Poach your egg: crack your egg into a shallow bowl. This will help to ensure a safe toss into the water. Once your water is boiling, use a spoon and stir until you create a little swirl/tornado in the water. Carefully drop egg in and stir continuously making sure to keep it in the swirl. After 30 secs use a slotted spoon to remove egg.
- Coat bread in olive oil and cook in a pan on medium heat for about 2-3 min per side or until browned.
- Peel and slice avocado. Spread cream cheese on bread, top with avocado, egg, pickled shallots and everything bagel seasoning.Enjoy!