I feel like most people either hate or love anchovies, but I recently had a Caesar salad at a restaurant that used capers, and I decided to create my own at home. The secret to this one is adding chopped capers, garlic and breadcrumbs directly to the dressing, which gives you the salty delicious flavor.
Here’s how to make it:
Caper Caesar Salad
- 2 large garlic garlic cloves, diced
- 2 tbsp capers, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp breadcrumbs + more to top
- 1 large egg yolk
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Salt/pepper/red pepper flakes to taste
- Romaine lettuce
- Red onion
- 3 tbsp parm + more to top
- Combine garlic, capers, breadcrumbs, salt and mash together until it becomes a paste.
- In another bowl, combine egg yolk, lemon juice, and mustard. Whisk together until smooth. Slowly whisk in your olive oil and caper paste. Season with pepper and red pepper flakes depending on your spice level.
- Wash lettuce and add to a bowl. Top with dressing and toss together. Serve with red onion, parm and more breadcrumbs.Enjoy!