Here is some tasty lunch inspo for this week: A pulled chicken & arugula sandwich with a tarragon mustard vinaigrette 🤩 This one has a ton of flavor, healthy and most of the ingredients are things you probably already have in the fridge. I have always been a huge fan of @earthboundfarm lettuce and now their greens come in a resealable pack which makes it great for fresh meals all week (and reduces 27% of plastic).
Here’s how to make it:
A Pulled Chicken & Arugula Sandwich with a Tarragon Mustard Vinaigrette
- @Earthboundfarm Organic Baby Arugula
- 4 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp whole grain mustard (I think if you have mustard seeds and pickle them that would also work)
- 1/2 cup olive oil (and if looking dry add as needed)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp packed Tarragon, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp grated parmasean
- almonds, roughly chopped
- Red onion
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- Olive oil for toasting
- Salt/pepper/red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken thighs. Preheat oven to 375
- Make your marinade: Combine mustards, olive oil, minced garlic, tarragon, salt and pepper. Divide marinade in half, and set one half aside.
- Using the other, pour over chicken thighs and evenly coat. Lay pieces ona baking sheet and bake for 12 min. Flip and cook for another 5-8 min or until chicken gets to 165 degrees inside. Remove and let cool slightly. Once cool enough to handle, pull chicken.
- Meanwhile add white wine vinegar to the other half of the marinade. This will become your dressing. Pour over pulled chicken and combine.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and toast your bread 2-3 min per side on medium heat.
- Now it’s time to assemble your sandwich! Add chicken to one slide of your bread. Top with chopped almonds, onions, parmesan, and @earthboundfarm arugula. Top with other piece of bread and enjoy!
One note: You could also easily turn this into a salad! Optional: You can leave the chicken marinating all day if you have the time ahead. It’s delicious either way!